Commercial Strategy Analyst, Sportsbook
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Commercial Strategy team, responsible for driving the growth of the Canadian Sportsbook business. You will play an important role in deriving business and customer insights, monitoring business performance, and spotting industry trends.
You will be part of a highly collaborative team environment, working closely with a variety of stakeholders across the organization, including Casino Commercial, Analytics, Finance, Risk & Trading, Marketing, Product, and more. The role will be based in Toronto, Canada.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Perform analysis to derive insights that support business decisions for the Canada Sportsbook.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual business forecasting.
- Support the creation, execution and aftercare of improvement and optimization projects that will benefit customers, while considering profitably.
- Write and edit queries to pull data from the data warehouse to support in decision making.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to optimize existing internal processes, and external supplier relationships.
- Keep a pulse on the competitive landscape, researching the latest industry trends and continuously looking for new ways to improve our conversion & retention efforts.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to drive desired outcomes.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Bachelor's Degree in a highly numerate major (Business, Math, Stats, Econ, etc.) or relevant experience in data and/or business analysis
- 1-3 years' experience in analytics, data management, finance preferred
- Proficiency in SQL and Excel required; experience with tableau/data visualization, Python, or R a plus
- Track record of transforming data into actionable insights and presentations
- Ability to take initiative and produce results in a fast-paced environment
- Effective at relationship building and sensitive to stakeholders' needs
- Loves learning and seeks challenges
- Interest in sport preferred
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!