Software Engineer - Python
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Release Engineering team. You will be part of a team of engineers dedicated to improving our developer services and tooling by automating controls for production systems. Across FanDuel we perform tens of thousands of changes to live systems each year. The Release Engineering team build solutions that automate how developers manage Production changes, capture deployment data, control approvals for change, and monitor alterations (e.g. file integrity monitoring). As well as coding solutions, mostly in Python, you will get to Terraform infra and work on CI/CD pipeline steps used by hundreds of engineers. If you are new to some of this, we were too at one point and will support you in learning.
Our stack includes AWS, Python, Terraform, Lambda, Aurora, S3, AWS API gateway and Buildkite.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Build and support tools and frameworks that automate how development teams manage production changes & release data.
- Create and promote best practices for managing deployment artifacts, including containers.
- Implement artifact approval controls.
- Build out change monitoring solutions such as File Integrity Monitoring.
- Help to improve our deployment frameworks, services, and tooling.
- Explore a multitude of technology to solve complex problems.
- Write good code following best practices.
- Reflect our team values in day-to-day working.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Experience in Python development.
- Experience with CI tools and managing their deployment controls. For example, gated promotion pipelines in Jenkins.
- Understanding of source control management and integrations e.g. GitHub configurations.
- Experience building cloud-based solutions and configurations, such as AWS.
- Keen to learn and work with new technologies.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues across the company.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with configuration management e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience with containerization and the use of artifact control tools (e.g. Docker, ECR, Artifactory).
- Experience deploying IAC with Terraform or similar.
- Experience of monitoring controls, such as file system (FIM) or database modification alerts.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws."