TOC Operator (Playback Operator) - Freelance
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
TOC Operator performs a variety of tasks related to live, pre-recorded, studio and field production, all in support of multiple 24x7 TV broadcast channels and OTT platforms. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, faxing out all incoming and outgoing feeds, assigning, troubleshooting, and managing external and internal track feeds, video server equipment, server recorders/players, satellite/IP receive equipment and signal transmission and monitoring equipment.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Setup and operate different types of video/audio recording and playback devices in a simultaneous, multi-tasking environment
- Coordinates, troubleshoots, and follows up on incoming and outgoing satellite, OTT media streams/signals, IP transmission and/or Telco feeds with internal and external entities and understands signal flow
- Controls and configures satellite antenna, frame syncs, remotes and receive equipment. Schedules backup feeds as needed
- Collaborates with internal and external entities with initial and daily fax out of all tracks and remote feeds.
- Develop, write and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the department.
- Controls and understands configuration of multi view equipment, router matrix, and media asset management systems
- Controls and configures internal digital audio matrix, including IFB, PL and PAP panel assignments.
- Assigns, configures, maintains, and manages TOC resources proactively to ensure that all recordings and projects are accomplished per daily schedule
- Coordinates and builds Remote Technical One Sheet for dissemination to facility
- Complete formal paperwork for TOC (Technical Operations Center) and other departments including, but not limited to creating, maintaining, and disseminating daily record schedules, emails, and charts of all feeds and remote based information
- Quality checks and adjusts video/audio signal levels for optimum quality
- Able to complete tasks and projects with strict deadlines
- Take direction from control room personnel for content playback during live broadcasts
- Create rundowns, segment timing
- Performs ingest procedure for transfer of media material into the air server
- Ensures all recordings are accomplished per daily schedule
- Create/maintain appropriate logs and labels for removable media
- Performs other cross training tasks, as assigned, including, but not limited to the following areas; Studio Operator, Master Control operator and, Playback, TOC Operator
- Performs duties on remote broadcasts, as assigned
- Perform dubbing operations, as needed
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in broadcast operations at a local TV station, cable/satellite channel or other industry-related environment preferred
- Working knowledge of systems/equipment used in functions identified above, including analog/digital/high definition video/audio signals and monitoring equipment
- Ability to travel to remote broadcast sites, as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. un-assisted of technical and or set gear
- Ability to work well in a broadcast team environment, including talent, producers and directors, under strict time deadlines
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of weekends and holidays
- Don’t check all the boxes? That’s okay! We encourage you to still apply if you feel like you possess an adjacent skillset and are interested in learning more about this position.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable hourly range for this position is $25 - $34.62, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.