Software Engineering Manager - Account
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to help lead an engineering team in our Account vertical. You will have established Software Engineer capabilities. You’re excited to learn how to develop and grow Engineers and will start out with a small number of line-reports to put your learnings to the test. You’ll be responsible for providing an outstanding employee experience tailored to your line report’s individual needs. You’ll be responsible for leading smaller projects or features within a team. If you’re interested in developing core leadership skills both from a technical and people management point of view and having an experienced mentor help guide you, then apply today!
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
As a Software Engineering Manager, you’ll be working closely with our engineers day-to-day to support and mentor them as they tackle tough technical challenges. You’ll help find opportunities focused on providing the best employee experience while balancing delivery of capabilities that work at scale. You’ll own your software, helping define solutions to problems while mitigating long-term risks. You’ll raise and help mitigate blockers while providing status updates to leadership.
- Manage, identify and provide opportunities for Software Engineers
- Work with Senior Engineers to deliver a technical vision with an eye for customer satisfaction and security
- Proactively identify technology gaps and opportunities while mitigating risks created through complexity (technical and regulatory)
- Be responsible for delivery of your assigned backlog items by communicating blockers and progress through-out the project lifecycle
- Measure, own and drive predictability through Operational Excellence and transparency through data and KPIs
- Own your software by helping to guide your team to deliver it while providing appropriate support for end-users
- Leave things better than you found them
- Help to scope and define new solutions to problems while influencing the roadmap and ensuring we delivery truly viable features and products
- When you are not helping to drive forward the assigned features and line-management you’ll be contributing your coding skills towards the delivery of features
- The ability to delivery architecturally sound solutions in the absence of a highly experienced individual contributor
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- A strong technology background delivering software as an individual contributor or manager
- Communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services
- Proficiency in relevant technologies
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Maintains relationships with other disciplines and stakeholders
- You’ll exhibit best behavior and exemplify our company behaviors
- Experience writing distributed, highly scalable and available backend systems and APIs
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws."