Data Engineering Senior Manager - Data Governance
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
As a Data Engineering Senior Manager in Data Security, you will manage a data engineering team to ensure the service of secure, governed data within FanDuel organization, establishing and following standard operating procedures.
This is a role for someone looking to exercise and develop their core leadership skills from a technical and people management standpoint. You will have established Data Engineer and people management capabilities. You will bring a passion for safeguarding sensitive data and for building a robust security posture.
You should have a desire for leading by example and a proven ability to grow a team and lead it to success. You will show a pragmatic approach to problem-solving; your experience should be built on a solid foundation of data engineering development and data security, and you should be able to show a proven background in coaching/people management.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Lead and Manage Security Operations:
- Lead the Data Security team to manage daily Data Security operations, including audit readiness, incident response, vulnerability management, and security awareness training.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive data security program aligned with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Manage security tools and technologies to effectively monitor, detect, and prevent data breaches.
- Conduct regular data security audits and assessments to identify and mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Enterprise Security, IT, DevOps, Legal, Compliance) to ensure data security is embedded throughout all processes.
- Define and implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of the data security program
- Develop and Enforce Data Governance:
- Define data classification policies and procedures to categorize and protect sensitive information.
- Implement data access controls and encryption to restrict unauthorized access and ensure data integrity.
- Develop and enforce data loss prevention (DLP) strategies to prevent unauthorized data exfiltration.
- Manage data lifecycle and disposal processes to ensure data is securely deleted when no longer needed.
- Stay abreast of evolving data privacy regulations and ensure compliance.
- Establish a robust vendor risk management program to ensure the security of third-party solutions
- Drive Continuous Improvement:
- Analyze security data and trends to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement security awareness programs to educate employees on data security best practices.
- Foster a culture of data security within the organization.
- Advocate for and secure resources to support the data security program.
- Champion "security by design" principles for all new systems and capabilities to ensure we are rolling out security compliant services to our users.
- Stay updated on the latest data security threats and trends to adapt and improve the data security posture.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in information security, data security or a related field, with a strong track record of securing complex data environments.
- A strong technology background is required with a minimum of 7+ years of data engineering or data warehouse development experience including 3+ years in software delivery management roles preferred
- Proven track record of success in leading and managing security operations teams.
- Strong understanding of data security principles, frameworks, and regulations.
- Experience with security tools and technologies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent people management, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills are necessary
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Security, or a related field.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!