FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer that works to provide testing expertise for our FanDuel Media Platform and to deliver test infrastructure or tooling. You will be a core part of delivery helping to conduct automated and manual testing of streaming and content applications.
You work effectively with other team members & identify any opportunities/problems arising from technical decisions. You invent, refine and develop your solutions to ensure they are meeting customer needs and team goals. You are a passionate advocate for your customer.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
As a Quality Engineer, you’ll be working closely with other Quality Engineers and Software Engineers daily to help in testing and troubleshooting development and production code. You’ll help find opportunities focused on providing the best employee experience while balancing the delivery of capabilities that work at scale. You’ll own your software, helping define solutions to problems while mitigating long-term risks. You’ll raise and help mitigate blockers while providing status updates to leadership.
- Write and execute test cases based on requirements.
- Test and confirm issues found in frontend and backend code.
- Trace data from data sources to front and validate outputs along the way.
- Record testing output and expected results in testing reports.
- Coordinate with the rest of the QA team to analyze and improve the QA process
- Use appropriate testing tools to evaluate and test for security and performance vulnerabilities.
- Work with engineers and infrastructure to conduct load testing.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A strong technology background delivering or testing software as an individual contributor or manager.
- Communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Strong experience in effective test planning and execution.
- Strong experience delivering high-quality test infrastructure/harnesses against products or services.
- Strong understanding of HTTP and REST APIs and API automation
- Experience in QA UI Automation (i.e., Cypress/Selenium)
- OTT testing with Apple TV, Roku, and Fire TV
- Knowledge of testing web applications
- Knowledge of testing OTT/connected tv applications a plus
- Scripting or Programming Experience
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws."