Lead Data Architect
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey, Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
As a Lead Data Architect in Data Architecture, you will perform design work for large and complex data solutions and the interfaces between them. The position will drive adherence to standards, processes and policies and create architecture documentation for the entire data engineering team, working effectively across various data verticals.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Partner with the rest of the Data Architecture team to lead the development and execution of the data architecture roadmap, aligning with the organization's overall data strategy and business objectives.
- Define data models, standards, and governance policies to ensure consistent and high-quality data across the organization.
- Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and trends in data management and analytics, recommending strategic adoption to enhance data capabilities.
- Design and implement scalable and maintainable data pipelines and data platforms, leveraging cloud platform tools and technologies.
- Partner with data engineers, product managers and other stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical solutions, bridging the gap between strategy and execution.
- Oversee the performance and optimization of data systems, constantly seeking ways to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Foster a collaborative environment within the data engineering team, promoting knowledge sharing and continuous learning.
- Effectively communicate the value and impact of data architecture to various stakeholders, ensuring alignment and buy-in.
- Advocate for and secure resources to support the ongoing development and maintenance of the data infrastructure.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- 7+ years’ experience in database management, IT systems and Big Data & AI/ML engineering experience.
- Deeply technical and analytical with implementation and architectural experience in Streaming, Big Data, AI/ML engineering and Data Warehousing.
- Hands on experience leading large-scale database, ETL/ELT deployment in batch or streaming ingestion, and AI/ML projects with building feature software.
- Experience with data migration techniques and process planning.
- AWS Certification such as AWS Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Big Data.
- Strong experience in data security/compliance experience, or equivalent.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including optimizing new processes.
- Ability to influence multiple teams, functional areas, and levels of leadership.
- Ability to see around corners, predict needs, and identify patterns.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills are necessary
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or a related field.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws."