Senior Software Engineer - Native iOS
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans, every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
We’re looking for experienced iOS engineers to join our Unified Modules vertical. You’ll be working within the Core Products and Experiences domain to develop and promote a new set of SDKs and libraries that will be utilised by many other teams within FanDuel Technology. Our team is highly visible and is working on a key initiative within the organisation.
We’re looking for skilled engineers who are empathetic communicators with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will be able to propose pragmatic solutions to problems, recognise how to slice scope into iterative deliveries and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a member of this team, you will be instrumental in writing the iOS interfaces and libraries. Your technical decisions will help others across the organisation benefit from our SDK reliably.
We are a growth company so have plenty of opportunities for you to learn & grow with us plus we have remote first working and a generous paid leave policy to enjoy your down time. We’re committed to making sure everyone who works here can maintain a healthy work/life balance.
WHAT WE’D LIKE
Everyone on our team has a part to play.
For these roles we’d like you to have experience with:
All our iOS native engineers will:
- Write code that is deployed across FanDuel’s suite of iOS native applications.
- Test your code thoroughly at the appropriate boundary, eg, unit and/or integration tests.
- Document your software to ensure that future-you and others will understand the intention behind, the features and components you build.
- Support your software in the on-call rotation.
- Prioritise giving our customers a great experience with the code you write, balancing customer requirements with technical requirements.
Additionally our Senior Engineers are able to:
- Contribute to the team’s design, scoping and prioritisation discussions, help the team provide solutions that make our Products better and enjoyed by more people.
- Lead smaller projects of work within the team.
- Coach & nurture other members of the team
- Participate in the interview process and help your team onboard & train Software Engineers.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
We treat our team right
Great compensation a good beginning but as part of a FanDuel colleague, you can also expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- We buy you the software you prefer to work with, and high end hardware to run it on
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Excellent benefit programs and platforms
- 10% of your time is yours to learn, and hackathons across teams so you have a chance to work with different tech & different people
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
The Interview Process
- Recruiter screen call (30 minutes)
- Technical interview: coding exercise (1 hour)
- Technical interview: system design (1 hour)
- Discussion based interview (1 hour)
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Location: Our Scottish tech hub is based in central Edinburgh and is fitted with fabulous amenities including a Gym, showers, bike parking, gaming pods, multiple breakout areas, meeting rooms, a roof terrace and much more. We operate a hybrid model for the majority of our roles, where team members come together at the hub as required.
Applicants should be willing to travel to our Edinburgh Tech Hub from time to time.