Operational Risk Senior Associate
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey , Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: FLUT).
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Operational Risk Senior Associate - Strategy is responsible for assessing risk within FanDuel’s Fraud Operations and Strategy Function, analyzing areas for improvement, evaluating Fraud Operations processes, and developing and implementing enhanced risk controls. The Senior Associate must pass required licensing as mandated by various state gaming and racing regulatory bodies. Failure to be licensed or retain licensure will result in termination of employment.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Assess Payments and Fraud Operations processes for risk and control effectiveness.
- Support the control design process and assess processes for any control gaps or enhancements needed to ensure effectiveness of controls.
- Develop and maintain operating procedures and policies focused on Payments and Fraud Operations and Strategy as well as documenting key business processes.
- Analyze business needs, identify areas for process improvements with respect to analysis of risk and assist with the development of a continuous improvement process.
- Engage with stakeholders of strategic commercial projects to identify areas of risk, strategize regarding development and implementation of key risk controls and participate in decision making with respect to development of control requirements.
- Advise the business on risk mitigation through execution of related projects/assignments and provide cross-functional expertise as necessary.
- Maintain awareness of key process changes, system changes, and organizational structure, and overall impact on operational risk management.
- Monitor emerging risks and regulations that could impact the business and performing and participating in periodic risk assessments. Participate in strategic planning to determine department priorities, objectives and projects.
- Conduct investigations into possible breaches of risk protocols, analyze outcome and make recommendations with respect to remediation of risk.
- Work independently with autonomy to make informed decisions and recommendations with respect to business operations and risk mitigation.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- 3+ years of operational risk or compliance experience preferably within the e-commerce, gaming or financial services industry
- 2+ years of experience in developing internal operational business controls
- Prior experience assessing risk and building risk and controls program
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to prioritize competing deadlines and to perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written, communication, organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Professional audit certifications such as CPA, CIA and/or CISA a plus
- Passion for sports and/or gaming industry a plus
- Licensure: Must be able to pass required licensing as mandated by various state racing and gaming regulatory bodies.
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!
The applicable salary range for this position is $80,000 - $105,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including relevant experience, location, business needs and market demand. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses and stock program participation.
This role includes flexible time off (including unlimited paid time off for full-time employees) and 14 paid company holidays. FanDuel offers paid sick time in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws.