Sportsbook Associate - Phoenix, AZ
FanDuel Group (“FanDuel") is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media.
FanDuel has a presence across all 50 states with approximately 17 million customers and 28 retail locations. FanDuel is based in New York with offices in New Jersey , Georgia, California, Oregon, Canada and Scotland.
Its networks FanDuel TV and FanDuel+ are broadly distributed on linear cable television and through its relationships with leading direct-to-consumer over-the-top platforms.
FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world's largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: FLUT).
At FanDuel, we give fans a new and innovative way to interact with their favorite games, sports and teams. We’re dedicated to building a winning team and we pride ourselves on being able to make every moment mean more, especially when it comes to your career. So, what does “winning” look like at FanDuel? It’s recognition for your hard-earned results, a culture that brings out your best work—and a roster full of talented coworkers. Make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From creatives professionals to cutting edge technology innovators, FanDuel offers a wide range of career opportunities, best in class benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. At FanDuel, our principle of “We Are One Team” runs through all our offices across the globe, and you can expect to be a part of an exciting company with many opportunities to grow and be successful.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel is looking for a Sportsbook Associate to join our Sportsbook Retail team! This person will be responsible for an efficient and timely exchange of cash or winning tickets for guests. Additionally, they will be supporting the Sports Betting operation by providing excellent customer service, selling tickets and ensuring the proper payouts are processed.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Maintain a cash bank, documenting all transactions and balancing the bank at the end of each shift; properly accounts for all transactions and necessary paperwork for retail wagers and cash at counter
- Responsible for placing wagers as requested by guests and verifying and processing winning tickets
- Effectively communicates sports betting rules and provides betting assistance to guests in accordance with the Company policies and procedures
- Remain alert to any peculiar betting patterns such as “proxy betting” and reports promptly to the Sportsbook Supervisor
- Assist customers in completing the in-person online sign-up process
- Rapidly resolve technical issues and inquiries regarding Kiosks and mobile applications and deliver outstanding support to our growing community of avid sports fans
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations
- Safeguard the Company’s confidential and privileged information that is obtained as a result of normal working procedures
- Help maintain the Sportsbook’s cleanliness
- Support commercial-oriented events throughout the sportsbook
- Promote new product launches and drive business through offers and initiatives
- Responsible for printing daily betting sheets
- Provide the best gaming experience possible by ensuring popular live sporting events are being broadcasted throughout the sportsbook at all times
- Provide online customer assistance for any in person queries relating to a customer’s online sportsbook account.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming and/or racing license and satisfy all regulatory requirements
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a customer facing role
- Basic math skills required
- Cash handling experience is preferred
- Previous retail experience is beneficial
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to actively listen to what others have to say and restate information to ensure understanding
- Experience in sports or online gaming highly desired
We treat our team right
From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give. Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Be well, save well and live well - with FanDuel Total Rewards your benefits are one highlight reel after another
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer and we believe, as one of our principal states, “We Are One Team!” We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, Veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by state, local or federal law. We believe FanDuel is strongest and best able to compete if all employees feel valued, respected, and included. We want our team to include diverse individuals because diversity of thought, diversity of perspectives, and diversity of experiences leads to better performance. Having a diverse and inclusive workforce is a core value that we believe makes FanDuel stronger and more competitive as One Team!