Mobile Phlebotomist - PRN (as needed) - New Brunswick, NJ
New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Getlabs is the nationwide leader for at-home diagnostics.
Healthcare organizations use our technology platform to dispatch skilled medical specialists to their patients and collect labs, vitals, biometrics, and more. And Getlabs is open to patients as well - simply pick a time and we send one of our medical specialists to your home to draw your labs for Labcorp and Quest.
Our team has raised $23MM from top investors including Emerson Collective, Minderoo Foundation, Byers Capital, Labcorp, Healthworx, Tusk Ventures, Anne Wojcicki (CEO, 23andMe) and Susan Wojcicki (CEO, YouTube). Getlabs’ mission is to save lives by expanding access to diagnostics for everyone.
Learn more about Getlabs in TechCrunch.
About the role:
We are currently seeking PRN (as needed) and PT Mobile Phlebotomist interested in joining a high-growth stage startup with strong experience in working in hospitals, in office, or mobile environments. Candidates must maintain a high standard of excellence with minimal supervision.
Above all, we are seeking candidates who are friendly, empathetic, compassionate, and genuinely care about patients. Although we provide mobile phlebotomy, we see ourselves as a patient experience company first and foremost. For that reason, we believe the quality of our specialists is the secret sauce for Getlabs. Every interaction with patients is an opportunity to deliver a thoughtful and amazing experience.
At Getlabs, you will:
- Visit patients in their home or office, drive to and from appointments, drop samples off at patient service centers or laboratories
- Follow safe and accurate blood collection procedures and processing of specimens, with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to adapt in a rapid high-growth environment
- Maintain close communication with the operations and patient experience team during business hours
What we are looking for:
- Phlebotomy certification from an accredited agency
- 1 year of phlebotomy experience (mobile phlebotomy experience preferred)
- Experience processing samples
- Certification from a national agency such as American Medical Technologists (AMT), American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Proven track record in providing exceptional customer service
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to drive in the dark - first appointments may be as early as 5am!
- Ability to physically access patients including but not limited to kneeling, bending, stooping, sitting and reaching
- Ability to physically navigate patients homes including but not limited to climbing stairs and carrying 15 pounds while walking
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment under minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Proof of first shot of Covid-19 Vaccine by 30 days of employment
- Bonus Qualifications: Fluent in Spanish
We have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- W2 employment at $23/hr
- Flexible schedule
- Mileage reimbursement
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of talented, ambitious and fun to work with colleagues!
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic we have decided to require vaccination as a condition of employment for any employee who is in contact with patients.
Getlabs is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected classes.