Operations Team Lead II
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Operations Team Lead II
We are looking for a mission-driven, hard-working team member who is passionate about making mental health more affordable and is excited to work with both providers and their clients to ensure they have a seamless and positive experience with our insurance program. You will work closely with our Insurance Operations teams to execute on and manage day-to-day operations of Alma’s Insurance Program, while also helping the team to think through opportunities to streamline workflows, improve provider/client experiences, and proactively identify operational risks that may come with scaling our business.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a functional expert in your subject area, being able to independently handle day to day escalations from internal and external teams
- Manage between 6 to 10 direct reports depending on time in the Team Lead role, prioritizing productivity to hit team SLAs while also supporting team Associates’ professional development
- Maintain extremely productive self-work habits amidst changing workflows and processes, and champion change management for the rest of the team
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our Customer Experience, Insurance Operations, and Product teams to deliver an exceptional experience to providers and clients
- Work closely with the team analyst and operations manager to ensure processes are feasible and efficiently executed by team Associates
Who you are:
- 2+ years work experience in a similar role managing employees and collaborating cross-functionally, ideally at a high growth startup
- You are quick to pattern recognize and understand the impact of decisions through ambiguity
- You have the ability to self-serve with a bias towards action and investigation to get the answers or data required you need
- You are inspired by the success of your team and enjoy supporting others in their professional development
- You are a highly organized team player with excellent communication skills and a customer-centric attitude
- Passionate about mental health and our mission at Alma
- Prior experience in healthcare, specifically mental health, is a plus, but not required
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and Traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, and more
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $58,500 - $95,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.
Something looks off?