Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Engineering Manager, Extended Billing
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join, support, and manage a growing group of high performing product engineers at Alma in our billing domain. Within this role, you will focus on developing the billing tools and services that empower new and seasoned therapists to take control of their financial future while providing the best possible care to their clients.On this scaling team, you will have a strong hand in defining Alma's features, services, and architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Grow and develop an incredible team of hardworking, collaborative, and motivated engineers who have high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and company scaling challenges via thoughtful long-term planning.
- Partner with product managers, designers and other stakeholders to ensure your team is prioritizing and delivering value to Alma members.
- Engage in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring, and on-boarding engineering talent to help grow the team.
- Engage with the Product and Engineering team to help craft technical and product strategy.
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of engineering experience, with 1+ years of combined tech leadership and people management.
- You’ve previously managed a team of 3 or more engineers.
- You are a mentor to individual contributors of different seniority levels and expertise.
- You are willing to jump into the code to understand, contribute and/or troubleshoot technical issues.
- You possess a clear and engaging communication style with a track record of building positive relationships across a broad diverse organization.
- You have a demonstrable history of shipping user-facing products.
- You have a passion for Alma's mission – to improve the experience of therapy for providers and their clients, and simplify access to care.
- You have experience demonstrating DEI best practices in both your leadership style and while leading recruiting processes to build out an inclusive team.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $170,000 - $200,000
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.