Business Intelligence Manager
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Business Intelligence Manager
As a Business Intelligence Manager at Alma, you will help lead transformative change for our Operations or Payer teams. The BI Manager will leverage data to drive efficiency, reliability, and partnerships, enhancing our insurance program efficiency in Operations or strengthening relationships with Alma's payer network in our Payer team. You will execute the business intelligence strategy by consolidating reporting, empowering stakeholders, and providing on-demand data accessibility. Moreover, you will be instrumental in supporting Alma’s mission to make it easy to find high-quality, affordable mental health care.
You will enable the Operations or Payer team to more efficiently scale and meet the needs of our fast growing business. You should thrive in providing data-driven solutions to challenging business questions and translating complex data, both quantitative and qualitative, from a variety of sources into actionable and impactful insights. You will be highly cross-functional, working in a centralized Business Intelligence team and collaborating across teams to lead priority projects.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain interactive reports and dashboards from multiple data sources that support timely, data-driven decision making
- Analyze historical data to create impactful insights and provide actionable recommendations on strategic priorities for stakeholders at all levels
- Develop a deep understanding of Alma’s business and use data to proactively identify opportunities for increased efficiency in current processes
- Support and execute the BI team’s mission and strategy
- Act as a liaison for data between the business and Data Engineering to help advocate for and prioritize improvements in our data capabilities
Who you are:
- You have 4-7 years of experience working in strategic data analytics, preferably used to embracing change in a high-growth start up environment
- You have intermediate to advanced SQL proficiency, as you’ll need to use SQL frequently to query data directly from our data warehouse
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, with experience structuring data in Excel, leveraging BI tools (like Looker and Metabase), and can break down complex issues into structured frameworks and actionable insights to motivate stakeholders to take action
- You are capable of supporting solutions with robust data analysis, connecting findings to strategic priorities and the impact it will have on the business
- You are naturally curious and a self-starter who makes a habit of asking questions and solving ambiguous problems with great attention to detail
- You can communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences at different levels of an organization
- You have strong collaboration skills with cultural humility and empathy, as well as a proven track record of bringing people together to solve problems
- You are a strong operator and can track and balance multiple ongoing priorities at once
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $120,000 - $150,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.