Senior Technical Program Manager
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Senior Technical Program Manager
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Technical Program Manager to join our engineering team. We are dedicated to building secure and compliant tools and services which help providers more easily manage and grow their practice.
This role plays a critical role enabling the planning, prioritization and delivery of initiatives across our Platform, Security, and Information Technology (IT) teams. In this role you will work with our engineering leadership and product managers to help define strategy, requirements, timelines and drive the execution of our platform, security, and information technology roadmaps.
What you’ll do:
- Work with stakeholders across product and engineering management to define requirements and timelines
- Using agile methodologies, help prioritize and deliver efforts across platform, security, and information technology teams
- Manage the backlog and drive sprints for our platform, security, and information technology roadmaps
- Regularly communicate with senior management on progress, risks and change control.
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years of technical program management experience
- You have strong project management skills and excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrumban)
- You understand security best practices and controls frameworks (NIST, HITRUST CSF, HIPAA)
- Strong understanding of cloud based infrastructures (preferably AWS)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and can convey complex technical topics to non-technical stakeholders clearly and concisely
- You have a passion for Alma's mission – to improve the experience of therapy for providers and their clients and simplify access to care
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $145,000 - $175,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.