Staff Accountant, CX Specialist
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Staff Accountant, CX Specialist
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Staff Accountant, CX Specialist to join our growing Accounting team. The Staff Accountant, CX Specialist will sit at the intersection of our Customer Experience (CX) and Accounting teams to support provider members and internal teams with questions about Alma’s provider payouts, billing processes and membership terms.
You’ll be responsible for supporting our members through 1:1 proactive and reactive communication, reviewing and confirming member billing details, and consulting with our Accounting and Member Success teams on improving our operational processes. You will also work on reconciliations, month-end close process, and general accounting processes as our company continues to scale. The ideal candidate has 0-1 years of experience in accounting, is an excellent communicator, embraces change, and is seeking an opportunity to develop and expand their career at a high growth startup.
What you’ll do:
- Be a subject matter expert on all policies, processes, and tools related to membership, billing, and provider payouts at Alma, including Netsuite, Asana, and the Alma portal.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of individual providers' accounts to handle account balance inquiries efficiently and effectively, resolve account problems, billing disputes, misapplied payments, and other issues as needed.
- Manage the Accounting Asana queue to ensure we meet SLA - including investigating billing matters and communicating status updates.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners on projects, processes, and launches (e.g. billing product features, unpaid membership dues).
- Surface trends and findings from your member conversations with key stakeholders on both the CX and Accounting teams.
- Participate in month-end, quarterly, yearly close process and ad-hoc projects as needed.
Who you are:
- You have 0-1 years of accounting experience in a high growth environment
- You have a degree in Accounting
- You might be proficient with Accounting software, Asana and Zendesk
- You are able to break down complex topics into digestible content (written and verbal) for both cross-functional partners and members.
- You have past experience with billing or financial tools and an ability to quickly learn new financial systems.
- You have experience manipulating data in Excel and an appetite to hone these skills further.
- You are able to synthesize data from multiple sources to construct and share clear collaborative feedback.
- You are a highly organized team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills and a customer-centric attitude. You can work with stakeholders across levels.
- You are a creative thinker and problem solver— you’re constantly exploring how to make something even better or work through issues that require on-the-fly prioritization.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $67,000 - $78,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.