Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Senior Accountant to join our growing Accounting team. The Senior Accountant will bolster our growing accounting team’s technical accounting competencies, financial reporting and internal control quality, and support scaling accounting procedures amid a backdrop of rapid growth in the business.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for both preparing and reviewing a variety of reconciliations across the balance sheet, and will also serve a similar function in journal entry creation for cost of goods sold (COGS), operating expenses/expenditures (OPEX), and capital expenditures (CAPEX) processes. The ideal candidate will have diverse accounting experience from a variety of disciplines such as Audit, Technical Accounting, Financial Statement Reporting, Internal Controls, and/or General Ledger Operations. In addition to technical competencies in generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), the ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator who embraces change and is seeking an opportunity to develop and expand their career at a high-growth startup.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and review a variety of reconciliations across the balance sheet, create journal entries COGS, CAPEX, OPEX and support financial statement reviews.
- Lead change improvement initiatives in the Accounting function to bolster financial reporting quality and improve the efficiency of Accounting operations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a more robust internal control framework at Alma and quarterly reviews for internal control performance.
- Research technical accounting and GAAP compliance issues to support the creation of footnotes to the financial statements and audit memos.
- Create and analyze ad hoc reporting requested cross-functionally for a variety of Alma departments to support strategic financial KPIs and initiatives.
- Review and prepare reconciliations and journal entries prepared for a broad range of Accounting matters across OPEX, CAPEX, COGS.
- Develop robust documentation around key Accounting processes and procedures, and maintain alignment between month-end close processes and internal controls.
Who you are:
- You have 2-4 years of public accounting or operational General Ledger accounting experience.
- You have prior experience with Accounting Enterprise Resource Planning systems such as NetSuite, SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, and/or other accounting adjacent systems.
- You have significant experience with Excel and standardizing workbooks to optimize efficiency in reconciliations and financial reporting.
- You are able to break down complex technical accounting topics into digestible content (written and verbal) for both cross-functional partners and accounting staff members.
- You are passionate about Alma’s mission and making mental healthcare more accessible.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $80,000 - $105,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.