Director of Product, Support Services
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 19,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Director of Product, Support Services
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Director of Product for our support services products. As the Director of Product, you will be responsible for unlocking and building key process optimizations and tech-enabled solutions that allow Alma’s support, community, education and care navigation teams to scale through our next chapter of growth while ensuring service excellence, using business insights, creativity, and technology to drive strategic change. You will lead a team of product and operations managers to solve complex problems with product rigor and transform the way providers interact with Alma’s services.
What you’ll do:
- Develop an overall strategy and help shape roadmaps for how we scale our support, community, education and care navigation products and services
- Collaborate with internal business, operational, and engineering stakeholders to identify new opportunities to serve our customers better through improved processes and technology-enabled innovations
- Define, track, and analyze overall performance and financial, customer, and operational metrics for the support service products.
- Work closely with the product and engineering leadership in managing organizational change, the adoption of best practices and the allocation of resources to scale our support services.
- Manage and develop a team of product and operations managers
Who you are:
- You have 8+ years of experience working within Product management and Operations, with at least 4+ of those years in a product. You have both managed and led product and operations teams.
- You have experience building, scaling, and managing products and services in one or more of the following domains:
- Online Communities
- Ed-Tech / Professional Development (learning / instructional design)
- You possess a clear and engaging communication style with a track record of building positive relationships across a broad, diverse organization.
- You are adept at agile methodologies and taking an iterative approach to product lifecycle management.
- You have proven experience managing cross functional stakeholders to drive business results
- You know how to balance evidence against intuition in product decision-making and successes.
- You value a culture of inclusion and empathy.
- You feel a passion for Alma's mission – to improve the therapy experience for providers and their clients and simplify access to quality, affordable care.
- Prior experience working with community and/or customer support services is desirable, though not mandatory.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $190,000 - $230,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.