Business Development Representative Manager (No Longer Accepting Applications)
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 20,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022 and 2023.
Business Development Representative Manager
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Business Development Representative (BDR) Manager to play a pivotal role on our Sales team. The BDR Manager will co-own Alma’s top-of-funnel outbound strategy and performance. As a people-first manager, this role will recruit, train, and optimize a team of BDRs responsible for outbound sales conversations and productivity. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Development, this role is integral to ensuring that our company sales goals are continuously achieved and overachieved.
What you’ll do:
- Coach and develop a team of up to 10 outbound BDRs to consistently achieve their KPIs (meetings complete with the Account Executive team).
- Identify and own high-level strategy opportunities for our Outbound BDR Program with the goal of achieving maximum efficiency, productivity, and scalability.
- Run weekly standups for your individual team, as well as, at least one sales training a week.
- Project manage strategy initiatives for the Outbound BDR Program, inclusive of project planning, memo writing, brainstorming, data collection and analysis, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Develop sales contests that are engaging, motivate positive and collaborative behaviors, and designed to give the team a boost in their productivity and performance.
- Analyze and action upon a diversity of data, from individual performance, high-level sales funnel data, and more.
- Work in close partnership with our Sales Operations team to consistently identify refinement opportunities in our sales processes, sales goals, and activity expectations.
- Work in close partnership with our Sales Enablement team to further optimize and execute on our continued outbound BDR training program.
- Co-own hiring and scaling future classes of BDRs in partnership with the existing and future BDR Manager(s) and Sales Enablement team.
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a quota-carrying sales role (BDR or SDR) with proven success, and 1-3 years of experience of people management on a sales team.
- You have a people-first mentality, care deeply about growing and developing your team in their careers, and give feedback to your team and peers with intentionality.
- You communicate effectively both verbally and in written forms, have a high emotional quotient (EQ), and possess the ability to approach every conversation understanding nuance and relational dynamics.
- You have experience project managing sales strategy initiatives and working effectively with cross-functional partners.
- You are up-to-date with current sales tools (Salesforce, Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Chili Piper, etc.) and how to optimize them for sales representatives.
- You are adept at building reports and dashboards in Salesforce and Salesloft and are comfortable analyzing and utilizing data to inform strategy decisions and coaching opportunities.
- You are an owner of your own performance, work quality, and commitment to excellence.
- You are proactive, think strategically, and are detail-oriented.
- You possess a desire to work in a tech-enabled, ever-evolving environment.
- You have a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) and value delivering meaningful content that supports various learning styles.
- You are passionate about Alma’s mission of making mental healthcare more accessible.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
On Target Commission: $50,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.