Manager, Security Architecture & Engineering
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 20,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022 and 2023.
Manager, Security Architecture & Engineering
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Security Architecture and Engineering Manager to lead our growing security engineering and application security teams. We are dedicated to building secure and compliant tools and services which help providers more easily manage and grow their practice. In this role, you will hire, grow and mentor a team of security engineers to help validate that our services, applications and web technologies are designed and implemented in a way that meets Alma’s security standards. You will help analyze, discover and address security issues across our technical platform.
On this scaling team, you will have a strong hand in defining how Alma's engineering team approaches application security in the software development process and help our team engineer corporate security solutions that meet Alma’s security standards.
What you’ll do:
- Hire, grow and develop an incredible team of hardworking, collaborative, and motivated security engineers who have high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and company scaling challenges via thoughtful long-term planning.
- Design, develop and implement engineering’s technical security strategy and architecture in collaboration with key stakeholders (product managers, designers, Platform/DevOps, IT and Security Operations).
- Develop appropriate technical solutions along with the latest security tools that help mitigate security vulnerabilities and also help automate repeatable activities.
- Develop, execute and track the performance of security measures to protect Alma’s data, applications, and systems.
- Collaborate with the security operations and platform/devops teams to configure, troubleshoot, and maintain a security infrastructure that monitors and protects against security breaches and intrusions.
- Continually research current and emerging security threats and technologies, proposing changes and guidance that are most impactful.
Who you are:
- You have 1-3 years of experience managing a team of security engineers and have previously managed a team of 2 or more security engineers.
- You are a mentor to individual contributors of different seniority levels and expertise.
- You have experience defining and leading the adoption of security standards and application security programs by engineering teams.
- You have experience engineering and deploying highly automated security controls, maximizing the use of AWS security services.
- Experience engineering security solutions based on Zero Trust Network Architecture (ZTNA) principles, and deploying a Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) such as Zscaler.
- You have a passion for Alma's mission – to improve the experience of therapy for providers and their clients, and simplify access to care.
- You have strong communication skills and can convey complex technical topics to non-technical stakeholders clearly and concisely.
- You possess a clear and engaging communication style with a track record of building positive relationships across a broad diverse organization.
- You have experience demonstrating DEI best practices in both your leadership style and while leading recruiting processes to build out an inclusive team.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $170,000 - $200,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.