AV Fleet Technician
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, July 11, 2022
Kodiak Robotics has built the best self-driving technology purpose-built for long-haul trucks and defense applications. We care deeply because this technology will save lives and transform the freight industry. We’re led by many of the self-driving industry’s leading minds, who have built Kodiak’s technology from day one to be deployable and scalable. This includes Kodiak’s unique modular hardware approach that integrates sensors into a streamlined sensor-pod structure, optimizing for perception, scalability, and maintainability. The company delivers freight daily for its customers across the country, for some of the biggest names in trucking and most recognizable brands, including: IKEA, Pilot Company, Werner Enterprises, Forward, U.S. Xpress, and CEVA Logistics. We have demonstrated fundamental tech differentiators such as an on-road fallback, maintaining control of a truck after a catastrophic steer tire blowout, and our hot-swappable SensorPod.
We are looking for a Fleet Technician to join us in building and maintaining our experimental and operations vehicles.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for modifications and maintenance to autonomous vehicle platforms.
- Inspect and certify the operational state of vehicles.
- Support and assist in the build and install cutting edge autonomy hardware such as sensors, actuators, and computational equipment.
- Create and maintain both vehicle build and maintenance documentation to shape fleet growth to scale.
- Maintain vehicles to meet DOT standards and operate safely and reliably during AV use.
- Work with integration to install, AV components
- Strong hands-on background. Substantial and diverse experience in the trucking industry. Familiarity with maintenance of safety-critical hardware systems. Certifications in automotive, industrial, or aerospace service preferred (ASE, A&P, etc).
- Strong electrical diagnostics experience. You know how to chase down any electrical gremlins and correct them.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, wiring, and all necessary equipmentAble to read schematics, electrical diagrams, harness diagrams, etc.
- Reliability and consistency. You have a track record of meticulous work. You are comfortable developing and practicing methodical service through the use of checklists, protocols, and work documentation.
- Clear communication. You are comfortable providing feedback to engineers, and sharing insights with the team at large to improve products and processes. You know how to collaborate, and when to get secondary inspection and review for safety-critical decisions.
- Innovative mindset. You like to find ways to improve the system you are working on. You can solve problems and complete tasks even when the path to the solution is not clear at the outset.
What we offer:
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
The compensation range for this full-time, non-exempt, hourly position is $42/hr - $60/hr + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We can share more about the specific salary range for your job level during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed above are base salary only and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.