Simulation Quality Operations Manager
Operations, Quality Assurance
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Kodiak was founded in April 2018 to develop autonomous technology that carries freight forward—so people, partners, and the planet thrive. Navigating highway environments presents vastly different challenges than urban streets. Kodiak’s experienced team has developed the industry’s most advanced technology stack purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. From our sensor fusion system that maximizes the value of every sensing modality, to our unique lightweight mapping solution that allows our trucks to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones, our world-class team of industry pioneers is bringing the benefits of autonomy to the $800B a year trucking industry quickly, safely, and efficiently.
We are looking for a data-driven leader to manage our small but mighty Simulation Operations team. A team builder who has a solid expertise in scenario creation, triage and regression analysis. If you are passionate about the role simulation plays in launching autonomous trucks, let's chat!
In this role you will:
- Plan, direct and oversee the day to day simulation operations.
- Maintain the procedures set in place to ensure optimized performance and utilization of the simulation team
- Work with the Systems Engineering team to to design simulation tests and ensure sufficient coverage for our systems requirements
- Know the ins-and-outs of simulation operations, identifying gaps and guiding the team to fill these gaps
- Analyze and report on the results of simulation or field data
- Perform root cause analysis efficiently with minimal oversight
- Collaborate with Operations and Engineering teams to improve workflows and processes
What you'll bring:
- AV industry experience - 3+ years of experience in autonomous vehicle/robotics industry in a software quality operations role (simulation experience preferred)
- BA or BSc preferred
- You take ownership and drive the team to deliver exceptional results, and employ a high degree of accountability
- Proven ability to get to the bottom of things
- You are a critical thinker with strong root cause analysis skills
- You have the ability to quickly learn and implement new concepts
- You have strong leadership and presentation skills
- Great communicator with experience writing clear, concise, and detailed communication
- Nice to have: Autonomous vehicle software triage experience
- Nice to have: Proficiency with python or other scripting languages
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package including equity and biannual bonuses
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Kaiser Permanente, Anthem, and Guardian (including a medical plan with infertility benefits)
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- Office perks: dog-friendly, free catered lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and free EV charging
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits - Headspace, One Medical, Gympass, Spring Health
- Fidelity 401(k)
- Commuter, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, HSA
- Various incentive programs (referral bonuses, patent bonuses, etc.)
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
See more open positions at Kodiak Robotics
Something looks off?