Fall 2023 Intern, Motion Planning and Decision Making
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Kodiak was founded in April 2018 to develop autonomous technology that carries freight forward—so people, partners, and the planet thrive. Navigating highway environments present vastly different challenges than urban streets. Kodiak’s experienced team has developed the industry’s most advanced technology stack purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. From our sensor fusion system that maximizes the value of every sensing modality to our unique lightweight mapping solution that allows our trucks to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones, our world-class team of industry pioneers is bringing the benefits of autonomy to the $800B a year trucking industry quickly, safely, and efficiently.
We are looking for a highly skilled Motion Planning and Decision Making Intern to join us and solve real-world robotics problems. Our ideal candidates exhibit a can-do attitude and approach their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields and possess the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for Interns who:
- Are excited to work on autonomous trucks that are running in the real world. Your work will help advance the state-of-the-art autonomous trucking platform.
- Knowledge of the current state of robotics and/or self-driving. You should be able to understand the fundamental concepts commonly used in robotics.
- Are looking to develop their coding skills on a production-level codebase. You should be comfortable reading and writing modern C++ code.
- Look forward to collaborating with other engineers on a day-to-day basis.
- Are motivated by challenging problems without clear-cut solutions.
Bonus points for:
- Comfort with fundamental mathematics, linear algebra and calculus.
- Comfort working on optimization problems.
- Comfort working on computational geometry.
- Knowledge of modern revision tracking systems (e.g. git).
- Field(s) of study: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields.
- Are currently pursuing a degree at an accredited university.
- Juniors, Seniors, or graduate students.
Internship Program Details:
- Start Date: September 2023.
- Our internship program is 12-16 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Location: Mountain View, CA.
- Housing: interns are responsible for housing.
What We Offer:
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Competitive pay.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!Free catered lunch.
The monthly range for this intern position is $9,166-$10,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We can share more about the specific salary range for your job level during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed above are base salary only and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
See more open positions at Kodiak Robotics
Something looks off?