Local Shuttle Driver (CDL) & Equipment Inspection Technician
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
Kodiak was founded in April 2018 to develop autonomous technology that carries freight forward—so people, partners, and the planet thrive. Navigating highway environments presents vastly different challenges than urban streets. Kodiak’s experienced team has developed the industry’s most advanced technology stack purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. From our sensor fusion system that maximizes the value of every sensing modality, to our unique lightweight mapping solution that allows our trucks to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones, our world-class team of industry pioneers is bringing the benefits of autonomy to the $800B a year trucking industry quickly, safely, and efficiently.
Kodiak is seeking a highly skilled and experienced commercial driver with an open mind to self driving technology and technician expertise to join our Atlanta Operations team. As a vital member of our team, you will play a crucial role in advancing our autonomous technology and collaborating with carrier and shipping partners to enhance and integrate our solutions in real-world conditions. Join us at the forefront of innovation as we revolutionize the future of transportation.
- Perform local hub to hub deliveries while prioritizing safety.
- Thorough Pre/Post Trips with in-depth mechanical knowledge of tractor-trailer combination vehicles.
- Be trained and proficient in performing CVSA inspections documenting issues and working with fleet management software.
- Provide top notch customer service and ensure deliveries are completed on time with strategic planning and routing.
- Occasional travel to our California and Texas locations for asset transfer & recurring training.
- Maintain parts inventory and assist with vendor relationships / coordination.
- Upkeep of assets and overall facility.
- Computer and data entry (training provided).
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- 3+ years of commercial driving experience with a clean driving record
- Some technician experience, preferably with heavy equipment.
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Flexibility to regularly workday, night, and/or weekend shifts
- Must be dependable and adaptable
- Occasional travel to out of state location is required
- Meet all DOT requirements
- Knowledge and/or ability to quickly pick up various smartphone applications
What we offer:
- Work with an experienced and agile team to revolutionize transportation.
- Clean, newer vehicles
- Competitive pay
- Two weeks paid vacation, available your first year
- Excellent medical, dental & vision plans
- 90% of monthly healthcare premiums paid for employee and 75% paid for dependents
- 401k plan
- Daily meals provided
- Driver Referral Bonus Plan, $3k per hired referral
- Cell phone subsidy
- Company Equity
- And much more!
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.