Accounting & Finance
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day aspects of Kodiak Robotics’ accountingoperations and will play a critical role in supporting the company’s overall finance and accounting team. This role will also own various functional accounting areas and gain exposure to ad-hoc initiatives. Kodiak Robotics supports a hybrid work environment requiring at least 2 days of in-person office attendance per week for this position.
Our ideal candidate has an exceptional work ethic and is ready to roll up their sleeves in a dynamic and high-growth environment. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Senior Accounting Manager.
- Primary focus areas will include processing accounts payable, credit cards, expense report and reporting accounts receivable, accruals, prepaids, leases ASC 842, fixed assets, internally developed software/prototype projects and the monthly/quarterly close process.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and related general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare sales tax, property tax, 1099s, 3921s and other regulatory filings to ensure compliance.
- Support external audit requirements.
- Support accounting team’s commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with US GAAP.
- Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure mutual flow of information, including obtaining a thorough understanding of the nature of transactions and providing information to other departments when needed.
- Independently prepare workpapers that are easy to review and have sufficient support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of accounting-related work experience (must have at least two years as a Senior accountant in the same firm).
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Effective communication, strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- CPA; advanced degree in accounting preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Operate as a team and/or independently while demonstrating flexibility to changing requirements.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience in using Bill.com, Brex and QuickBooks online preferred and is a plus
- Experience in the trucking industry is a plus.
- Experience with cost accounting is a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package including equity and biannual bonuses
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision plans through Kaiser Permanente, Anthem, and Guardian (including a medical plan with infertility benefits)
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies
- Office perks: dog-friendly, free catered lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and free EV charging
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Benefits - Headspace, One Medical, Gympass, Spring Health
- Fidelity 401(k)
- Commuter, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, HSA
- Various incentive programs (referral bonuses, patent bonuses, etc.)
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $110,000-$160,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We can share more about the specific salary range for your job level during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed above are base salary only and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.