Winter 2024 Intern, Perception
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Kodiak was founded in April 2018 to develop autonomous technology that carries freight forward—so people, partners, and the planet thrive. Navigating highway environments present vastly different challenges than urban streets. Kodiak’s experienced team has developed the industry’s most advanced technology stack purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. From our sensor fusion system that maximizes the value of every sensing modality to our unique lightweight mapping solution that allows our trucks to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones, our world-class team of industry pioneers is bringing the benefits of autonomy to the $800B a year trucking industry quickly, safely, and efficiently.
We are looking for a highly skilled perception intern to join us and solve real-world robotics problems.
In This Internship You Will:
- Be responsible for designing perception algorithms and implementing them in robust, efficient, and well-tested C++ and/or Python code.
- Lead the development of deep neural networks to solve real-world robotics challenges such as lane detection, object detection and classification, sensor fusion, tracking, prediction, anomaly detection, and planning.
- Work with camera, laser, radar, and ultrasound data to build and evaluate real world perception systems.
- Set up automated training pipelines and develop data analytics tools to improve our performance.
- Strong technical background. You are currently pursuing an MS or Ph.D. and have hands-on experience in designing and implementing deep neural networks and other computer vision algorithms. You are a skilled software engineer with experience in C++ and strong problem-solving skills. You are passionate about solving real-world robotics problems, and you have ideally worked on autonomous robots before. You ideally also have a strong knowledge of data processing pipelines for training ML models in the cloud.
- A team player. You take ownership and work with the team to deliver exceptional results. You are interested in the performance of the entire system across engineering disciplines.
- Ability to build and iterate quickly. You enjoy working fast and smart, and you are comfortable in the earlier stages of developing an algorithm from scratch.
- Hands on. You are not only passionate about ML research but also experienced working with production machine learning pipelines, from dataset collection and labeling to training and validation.
- Great communicator. You have experience writing clear, concise, and detailed documentation. You can enable your colleagues to leverage the ML models resulting from your work in their algorithms and systems.
Internship Program Details:
- Start Date: January 2024.
- Our internship program is 12-16 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Location: Mountain View, CA.
- Housing: interns are responsible for housing.
What We Offer:
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Competitive pay.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog friendly office!
- Free catered lunch.
The monthly range for this intern position is $9,166-$10,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We can share more about the specific salary range for your job level during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed above are base salary only and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.