Autonomous Vehicle Test Operator (Temporary role)
Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Kodiak was founded in April 2018 to develop autonomous technology that carries freight forward—so people, partners, and the planet thrive. Navigating highway environments presents vastly different challenges than urban streets. Kodiak’s experienced team has developed the industry’s most advanced technology stack purpose-built specifically for long-haul trucks. From our sensor fusion system that maximizes the value of every sensing modality, to our unique lightweight mapping solution that allows our trucks to navigate ever-changing highway construction zones, our world-class team of industry pioneers is bringing the benefits of autonomy to the $800B a year trucking industry quickly, safely, and efficiently.
We are looking for an experienced autonomous vehicle operator to help us test our autonomous technology.
In this role, you will:
- Complete driving reports and tests in order to provide essential feedback to the hardware and software teams
- Troubleshoot hardware and software systems
- Assist in developing new procedures and policies for the development of Kodiak operations
- Monitor AV system to ensure safe and efficient operations
- This role will focus on closed course track testing in the Central Valley
- Previous AV experience
- Great communication skills and a team player
- Occasional travel is required
- Weekend shifts required
- Sunday - Wednesday 10 -12 hour days/4 day work week
- Safety first mindset, we are never in a hurry at the cost of safety
- Local candidates preferred
What we offer:
- A place with big goals filled with people who are working to make them happen.
- A fast paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Equity and competitive pay. Every employee is a stakeholder in Kodiak’s success.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, including One Medical membership for you and your family.
- Flexible PTO and generous parental leave policies.
- A beautiful facility in Mountain View.
- We love our dogs, so we are a dog-friendly office!
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $115.765 salary range. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We can share more about the specific salary range for your job level during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed above are base salary only and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At Kodiak, we strive to build a diverse community working towards our common company goals in a safe and collaborative environment where harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. Kodiak is committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.