Safety and Compliance Coordinator
The biggest airlines in the world trust Landline to power their last mile connectivity. Landline's industry-first platform allows airlines to leverage the seamlessness and affordability of ground transportation to add sustainable, dynamic new routes to their networks without sacrificing on quality or customer experience. Today, Landline operates multimodal networks on behalf of American, United, and Sun Country Airlines. We're backed by top tier venture and travel investors and are fundamentally reshaping the way every consumer thinks about the travel day.
Care for our communities. Be obsessive about the needs of our customers. Take care of each other and ourselves. Operate with kindness, integrity, and ingenuity.
The Safety and Compliance Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that Landline’s safety and compliance program complies with Company policy and regulatory requirements. Reporting to both the VP, People and the Director of Safety, this position plays a crucial role in minimizing safety and regulatory risks related to our operations. This is an on-site role at our Fort Collins, CO headquarters office.
- Compliance Program Management: Manage the Company’s DOT drug and alcohol testing program for safety sensitive positions (Ground Security Coordinators, CDL holders, flight crew, and aircraft maintenance personnel) by functioning as the Designated Employer Representative (DER). Working with our People team and our external consortium, ensure onboarding, upgrading, random selection, and offboarding procedures comply with FAA and FMCSA requirements. Ensure Driver Qualification Files comply with FMCSA and state DOT regulations. Regularly review program requirements to stay current with evolving regulations.
- Safety Incident Tracking: Monitor and document all safety incidents that occur within the organization. Analyze trends and patterns to identify potential areas for improvement.
- Auditing and Monitoring: Perform regular audits and assessments pursuant to the Company’s safety and compliance program to ensure practices, processes, and records comply with internal and regulatory requirements and implement corrective action where necessary. Manage the lifecycle of external audits conducted by government agencies.
- Reporting and Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records related to compliance activities, incidents, and investigations. Generate compliance reports for management and regulatory agencies as required.
- Investigations: Assist with safety investigations to determine root causes. Collaborate with the Director of Safety and Safety Auditor to analyze findings, propose corrective actions, and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Safety Committee Meetings: Organize and lead regular safety committee meetings involving representatives from different departments. Use meetings as a forum to discuss safety concerns, review incident reports, and develop strategies for enhancing workplace safety.
- Training and Education: Collaborate with the Company’s Corporate Trainer to conduct safety and compliance program training sessions for employees at all levels.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous experience managing a compliance program in a regulated industry, with airline and ground transportation experience preferred.
- Previous experience with safety reporting, investigation, and audits. Experience working within a Safety Management System (SMS) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in using Excel and other relevant software applications.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education required.
This job description is intended to outline the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It does not list all the duties and responsibilities of the position, and additional tasks may be assigned as required by the Company.
- Comprehensive benefits and PTO plan including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), disability, parental leave and Company-paid life insurance benefits for full-time employees
- Paid sick leave for part-time employees
- Flight benefit privileges with our partner airlines
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.