Senior Support Engineer
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product (privacy.com) that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure is known as Lithic, and it powers billions of dollars in payments for some of the most innovative companies in the world.
Lithic is a remote-first company and has a distributed team with an office in New York. That means that if you want to work remotely, you can! If you want to drop by the office or work fully in-person, you can do that, too! We’ve raised $100M+ from top-tier investors including Index, Bessemer, Stripes, and Tusk Venture Partners, with a recent Series C that will help us scale.
The mission of the Lithic support team is to enable customers to optimally utilize the Lithic platform. Our role involves troubleshooting, informing, alerting, educating, and establishing a framework that allows both the customer and Lithic to grow and scale. We are looking to recruit a Senior Support Engineer to further our mission, which includes participating in after-hours on-call rotations as needed.
- Deliver world-class customer support via email, primarily through Zendesk and Slack, with the occasional Zoom call.
- Be on call periodically to handle urgent customer issues that arise outside of business hours.
- Serve as the primary advocate for our customers, effectively communicating their needs and concerns to our Product and Engineering departments.
- Recognize and analyze recurring customer issues, ensuring resolution by liaising with cross-functional teams like product, engineering, etc.
- Create, update, and maintain comprehensive documentation detailing product usage, troubleshooting guidelines, and both internal and external customer processes.
- Utilize strong diagnostic skills to identify customer issues by analyzing logs, reproducing API behavior, and understanding the full cycle of the payments process.
- Keep a keen eye on customer activity via our in-house tools, and proactively engage with customers when required.
- Conduct regular training sessions to enhance colleagues' understanding of various processes and procedures.
- Aid the Sales team by demonstrating our product, conducting walkthroughs, and guiding customer inquiries to relevant stakeholders.
- Employ data analysis skills to identify trends in support issues, and coordinate with internal teams to improve the product based on customer feedback.
- Provide assistance to internal teams on company initiates on an ad hoc basis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Proficiency in working with support ticketing systems such as Zendesk, ServiceCloud, JIRA, and Notion. Strong hands-on experience with the command line, APIs, Node.js, and Python.
- High proficiency in SQL, with the ability to write complex queries.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, with a strong focus on detail and the ability to think critically.
- Proven experience in a customer-facing role within a SaaS company. Strong technical acumen, with the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent time-management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently while maintaining high levels of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) match
- Fully covered membership to One Medical (dependent on location)
- 1-year membership to Talkspace
- Classpass credit