Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product (privacy.com) that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure is known as Lithic, and it powers billions of dollars in payments for some of the most innovative companies in the world.
Lithic is a remote-first company and has a distributed team with an office in New York. That means that if you want to work remotely, you can! If you want to drop by the office or work fully in-person, you can do that, too! We’ve raised $100M+ from top-tier investors including Index, Bessemer, Stripes, and Tusk Venture Partners, with a recent Series C that will help us scale.
Lithic is looking to hire an strong Financial Planning & Analysis (“FP&A”) Analyst who will be an integral part of Lithic’s Finance team supporting its financial planning, forecasting and decision support activities. As a FP&A Analyst, you will be supporting a rapidly growing business to deliver on its financial objectives.
FP&A’s core function is to provide key decision makers across the company timely, data-driven insight into the actual and expected future financial performance of the business. FP&A is the place where it “all comes together” financially; and Finance provides the Management Team (and the Board, investors, etc.) with a holistic financial picture of the strategies we are pursuing. Ultimately, FP&A is highly consultative to the CFO and broader Management Team and over time helps steer decision-making based on expected financial impact.
What You'll Do:
- Own various company models including consolidated budget/forecasting models, LTV to CAC, sales pipeline, long range planning, and etc.
- Partner with finance and business stakeholders to project out volumes, revenues, COGS, headcount expenses, etc. (i.e., the P&L) as well as B/S and cash flow needs
- Deliver key outputs which include insight into business line margins/profitability, margin trends, expense ratios, fixed cost leverage, seasonal cash requirements and running various strategic scenario analyses, among others
- Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly key reporting packages for both internal and external stakeholders emphasizing key financials results, operational metrics, and performance against forecasts and budgets.
- Support managers in providing decision support to business leaders by providing data-driven analytics for key strategic decisions such as analyzing crucial terms for new potential clients or bank partnerships, developing sales goals, managing ROI targets, analyzing new pricing or product constructs, and more.
- Develop a deep understanding of both the Lithic (B2B) and Privacy (D2C) businesses and work to deliver financial and strategic insights to leadership that help drive the growth of the Company
- Support project analysis, validation of plans/budgets, and ad-hoc requests
- Proven expertise in FP&A or Corporate Finance, with strong financial modeling skills
- A ‘take ownership’ mentality in their work. Able to effectively manage their workload and prioritize and streamline tasks to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information in written materials, presentations, financial models, and data analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with both finance and non-financial people
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of regular change
- Ability to anticipate problems, analyze situations, and proactively come up with solutions, or reach out for assistance when needed, in a timely basis
- Proficient in MS Office, especially excel
- G Suite experience preferred; SQL experience a plus
Base Salary Range for US candidates $100,000-$135,000
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) match
- Life Insurance and AD&D policy
- 3% cashback on all Privacy purchases