Customer Support Associate
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 5, 2022
At MainStreet, we’re problem solvers.
Our products aim to do one thing: save startup founders and small business owners time, money, and peace of mind. We started by demystifying complicated tax credits, saving over $100M – and countless hours of tax code research 🥱– for founders in nearly every industry. Since our sort-of viral beginnings in 2019, we’ve raised a $60M Series A, expanded our product lines (with more in the works), and grew from 3 employees to our current team!
We owe our success to the strength of our team. Before joining MainStreet, we helped build companies like Intuit, PayPal, Google, Apple, Coinbase, Gusto, LinkedIn, Slack, and more. We’re fellow founders, engineers, accountants, designers, dog (and cat) lovers, adventurers, coders, and parents. We move fast. We think big. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. And we’d love for you to join us.
MainStreet is looking for a Customer Support Associate to support our customers throughout their journey with MainStreet. You'll be instrumental in customer retention by addressing customer concerns and product issues swiftly and effectively, and by communicating learnings across departments. You will report directly to our Manager of Customer Support.
What you'll do
- Provide world-class customer support through a deep understanding of MainStreet’s customers and our expanding product features
- Quickly resolve customer inquiries via support system, email, live chat, or phone while showing patience, empathy, and professionalism
- Diligently process and organize information from customer calls and emails into our CRM
- Escalate certain cases when necessary, ensuring critical customer concerns are addressed swiftly and with exceptional care
- Uses knowledge of MainStreet products, services, and processes to answer inquiries or to escalate to internal teams if necessary
- Perform outstanding customer service while maintaining confidential information
What we're looking for
- 1+ years of experience in a customer support role, ideally in a B2B or B2C environment
- A customer-first mindset, demonstrating empathy and delivering exceptional customer experiences across the customer journey
- Proficiency with computer skills and CRM experience preferred (Bonus if you’ve worked in Salesforce)
- Excellent communication skills and etiquette across email and phone
- Excellent attention to detail, alongside the ability & willingness to work quickly
- Hourly rate for this position is $19.50-$31/hour and is based upon years of experience that are commensurate with the level of the position
- Bonus that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401k
MainStreet takes a holistic approach to small business management so you can grow smarter, not harder. We plug into your accounting and payroll systems to check for savings opportunities in unlikely places. From complex government tax credits to exclusive discounts on the tools you use every day, we save you thousands of dollars, hundreds of hours, and countless headaches.
Throughout the year, you’ll track expenses and savings through your MainStreet dashboard and tag us in on big purchases and contract negotiations. Come tax season, we’ll do the paperwork and even let your CPA take all the credit. Consider us your silent partner-in-savings, your financial secret weapon, your smart (not a) bank – whatever you want to call us. We’ve got your back so you can get back to building your business. ✨
Our $60M Series A
We’ve raised over $60M from an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including SignalFire (who led our Series A), Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom co-founder), Gradient Ventures (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, Shrug Capital, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.
See more open positions at MainStreet
Something looks off?