Compliance Governance Lead
Who We Are
We're making digital payments safer and easier for everyone by building accessible financial infrastructure for developers and seamless products for consumers. We started with a consumer product that reimagines the way people and businesses spend money online using ephemeral payment card numbers. Last year we launched a card-issuing API on top of our transaction processing and core banking infrastructure. We made it available to developers, entrepreneurs, and creators through a simple, modern API that is now used by some of the most innovative startups, fintech companies, and neobanks.
Compliance at Lithic is multi-faceted. We are not directly regulated, but instead, work through a series of bank partnerships. Our product and our partners require us to maintain a high level of competence across KYC, sanctions, transaction monitoring, reporting, and ops functions. The team has great expertise across a range of banking and compliance functions, and more importantly, is staffed with collegial and collaborative colleagues. And we’re just getting started on a multi-year, multinational journey that promises to be one of the most exciting places to work in FinTech.
What You’ll Do
As a Compliance Governance Lead, you will contribute to the Compliance function by:
- Managing our policy and procedure database, including reviewing and suggesting updates. You will be responsible for driving our revision and approval processes, including leading review and approval with C-level executives.
- Collaborating with functional compliance leaders to ensure policies and procedures map to changes in our operations.
- Create and manage the annual risk assessment process, including collaborating with fellow compliance leads.
- Leading our annual independent AML assessment process.
- Collaborating with fellow compliance leads to build and maintain a compliance controls framework that maps to the risk assessments.
- Run and track company-wide required trainings (e.g. AML training) as well as team-specific trainings.
Who You Are
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply, but we think that a successful Compliance Governance Lead at Lithic will have at least three of the following. And if you’re short on experience but otherwise are close, we’d love to hear from you.
- Five to ten years within the financial services compliance space.
- At least two years focused on drafting and maintaining financial services policies and procedures.
- Experience creating and running risk assessments. Bonus points for experience with risk assessments in the payment card industry.
- Experience leading the company presentation and dialogue with independent AML assessors.
- Adept at prioritization; you manage a host of time-sensitive tasks.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently and within a dispersed team environment.
- A detailed understanding of fintech and the payments landscape, or the ability to learn quickly.
- Ownership mindset - caring about seeing projects through from start to finish.
- A can-do mentality — you consider no task too small.
- A strategic, collaborative, results-oriented, and analytical approach to problem-solving, comfortable with an ever-changing startup environment.
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.