Engineering Manager - Product
Who We Are
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure powers hundreds of millions of dollars in payments for consumers and some of the most innovative companies in the world.
What You’ll Do
As an Engineering Manager at Lithic, your first responsibility is to your team. You’ll partner with hiring and recruiting, grow our culture of ownership, foster career growth and development, and enhance developer productivity and happiness.
This won’t be your only focus, however -- you'll also collaborate across the organization with technical and non-technical peers to take products from ideation to launch. You'll help plan and execute impactful projects across our Lithic and Privacy products, and make sure that we're building both efficiently and thoughtfully.
As an Engineering Manager at Lithic, you’ll:
- Support the happiness and career growth of your direct reports through 1-on-1s, career conversations, performance reviews, and regular feedback and coaching.
- Partner with the team's tech lead to ensure that the team’s development process is running smoothly, by working to remove obstacles and maintain a high bar of quality while improving velocity and predictability.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering leadership to define our product and technical roadmaps and goals, and drive their completion.
- Grow the team by partnering with our people team and engineering leadership to hire and retain talented engineers.
- Facilitate cross-functional communication and collaboration to ensure that all stakeholders are bought in and that knowledge is shared across the organization.
Who you are
As a leader, you measure your success based on the strength of your team. You understand that all decisions are trade-offs and there is rarely one correct answer to a problem. You make decisions thoughtfully and always consider implications, outcomes, and downstream effects. This is not a primarily technical role and you won't be expected to code, but you still enjoy helping the team brainstorm solutions to complex technical problems.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply, but we think that successful Engineering Managers at Lithic will have:
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, including 3+ years in engineering management.
- Enthusiasm for helping people grow their skills and reach the next level.
- Project management and communication skills that bring the team together and drive projects to a successful outcome.
- Experience balancing competing priorities and input from many different teams.
- Empathy and a focus on understanding the impacts of your decisions on others.
- Openness to new ideas and the ability to lead by influence and clear reasoning rather than authority.
- Bonus points for experience leading a distributed team.
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.