Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Lithic is growing rapidly and as it does so too do our operations. As a Site Reliability Engineer at Lithic, you will be simultaneously operating an API growing by double digits month-over-month and standing up the infrastructure to carry us forward through orders of magnitude growth in scale. You will be building the foundational systems in a new SRE practice as well as authoring internal tooling to support our growing business.
What you'll do
The day-to-day work is a blend of operational & project work, with occasional incident management. We run our business from a blend of on-prem & AWS using Terraform & Salt. Our services are implemented in C++ & Python and we are experimenting with Rust. We're in the process of containerizing & we're moving towards a service mesh with Nomad, Consul & Traefik. If you find the challenge of building-out infrastructure while the load it supports grows by leaps & bounds, we'd like to meet you!
We're looking for
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience in DevOps or SRE roles
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Systems, or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of Linux systems and networking
- Experience with relational database cluster management (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with Python, Bash, or other scripting languages
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, thoughtfully commented code
- Experience with Jenkins, AWS, and Docker
Nice to haves
- Experience in Ansible (or other configuration management tools), Kubernetes, and other CICD toolsets
- Knowledge of strongly typed languages such as Java and C++
- Understanding of distributed computing concepts including replication and quorum
- Experience with REST and other aspects of API development
Lithic is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.