Associate Creative Director
Design, Sales & Business Development
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, February 3, 2023
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
As an Associate Creative Director on our team, you’ll help shape the future of healthcare, concept and design campaigns that bring our brand to life, and infuse design excellence into every Ro touchpoint. At Ro, Associate Creative Directors are skilled designers and creative strategists who tackle conceptual challenges and maintain a high level of craft in their own design work.
You’ll be joining a team of design craftspeople who are passionate about making a difference in healthcare — we’re all about building authentic empathy for our users, never assuming their experiences, and boldly presenting the truth. All while caring for every single pixel.
We’re looking for someone who’s ready to build a brand and design campaigns that empower folks to make proactive, informed decisions about their health and future, and who believes design can play a key role in making neutral, clinically sound health info accessible to all.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll be focused on great design that moves the needle. You’ll define creative strategy for new products, campaigns, and branded touchpoints, shaping the communications and expressions that Ro presents to the world. You’ll translate your creative vision to integrated marketing and growth ecosystems, delivering design and art direction for paid social, email, web, packaging, print, and nationally broadcast TV spots.
- You'll play a prominent role in creating a cohesive, stunning, and effective brand ecosystem, serving as a leader of design craft and evangelist of design excellence. You'll collaborate closely with Copy, Growth, Product Marketing and Product counterparts to design brand visuals that resonate.
- You’ll own conceptual workstreams, infusing the Ro growth ecosystem with fresh, brand-aligned creative and will be expected to drive them through to completion. At times, you’ll partner with a conceptual copywriter to introduce new ways to stretch our brand tone.
- You’ll take ideas from concept to execution either by providing direction to partners on the creative team, external agencies, freelance partners, or designing independently.
- You’ll contribute to the Ro Brand System, introducing new ways to color inside the lines, while continuously evolving our brand guide. You’ll push our brand’s boundaries to uplevel each visual expression and ensure every designed touchpoint feels cohesive, successful, and delightful.
- You’ll continuously prioritize diversity, inclusion, and representation in your work, bringing empathy and intention to each design choice you make.
What You’ll Bring:
- You have excellent visual design craft, with stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and an obsession for pixels. You’ve designed game-changing work that showcases a strong foundation of type, space, form, color, and visual hierarchy. You have a killer portfolio.
- You have a demonstrated history of executing work that contributes to key business goals, and you’re an expert in creating high-quality designs that exceed marketing goals. You value results (almost) as much as you value best-in-class design.
- You’ve played an integral role in launching effective, stunning campaigns. You naturally ideate multiple concepts and directions without losing sight of business and user goals, leading to expert execution built upon discerning insights.
- From early brainstorming through research and delivery of high-fidelity designs, you’re excited to dig in and design everything from email templates to massive creative campaigns.
- You have relevant experience at both agencies and in-house at early-stage startups.
- You are skilled with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign and have a strong working knowledge of advertising fundamentals and a passion for learning about new platforms and technologies.
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You have strong interpersonal instincts and the poise to navigate the fast-paced ambiguity of a young company. You provide thorough, strategic rationale to align stakeholders towards your vision, and you feel energized when collaborating closely with a team.
- You have great perseverance and an iron-clad work ethic. You roll up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done.
- You thoughtfully consider your users in each design decision you make. You’re devoted to building empathy for their individual needs, consistently weave cultural considerations throughout your solutions, and always prioritize diversity, inclusion, and representation in your work.
- You’re passionate about healthcare.
- 9-11 years of previous experience in a relevant role
- You’re always down to debate how many Heading Styles are too many Heading Styles.
- You feel comfortable getting the feedback that a design should feel a little more ~us~. You also feel comfortable pushing back to get the type of specific feedback you need to improve your solutions.
- The first application in your dock is Figma. The second is Slack.
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $136,000 to $170,000, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building an inclusive environment where you can be you.
See more open positions at Ro
Something looks off?