Senior Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure
IT, Other Engineering, Operations
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
As the Senior Infra Technical Program Manager for the Infrastructure Group, you will play a pivotal role in coordinating and managing the end-to-end delivery of Site Reliability Engineering, Developer Tooling, Data Infrastructure, Observability and Testing Support initiatives.
You will collaborate closely with the product engineering and cybersecurity teams at Ro to listen to their needs and pain points and convert those into product requirements for the Infra team.
You will gain a deep understanding of all of the systems, and prioritize multiple work streams. You will communicate the impact of highly complex, technical projects to the rest of the organization to champion the work of your team.
You’ll partner with senior SREs and managers to develop a high level vision and roadmap for Ro's infrastructure offerings and translate that into actionable work for the Infra team.
This role requires a strategic thinker with strong product and project management skills and an understanding of Software Engineering and SRE principles.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Infra leadership to maintain a roadmap of Infrastructure initiatives and priorities and understand the levers that propel engineering productivity at Ro through qualitative and quantitative measurements
- Work with infra leadership to communicate the impact of the team’s work to the larger organization and participate in regular high level prioritization conversations
- Be willing to wear a product owner hat in order to understand and surface pain points for other teams and help bridge the gap between infrastructure and its stakeholders
- Be a liaison between the Infra and Cybersecurity teams to establish and evolve an intake and prioritization process and work with leadership across both teams to fit security changes into broader infrastructure work
- Own outward communication and engagement strategy for the Infra team. This includes organizing regular feedback cycles around Infra’s offerings, roadmap discussions with stakeholders and be a liaison across all of tech
What You'll Bring:
- Prior engineering experience or relevant Technical Product or Project Management experience on Infra/SRE/developer productivity teams. Infra’s stakeholders are highly technical in teams, so most discussions will require some technical depth and understanding of Infra’s offerings and capabilities. The candidate must be able to participate in detailed technical discussions
- Experience on teams that have used AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, Content Delivery Networks, event messaging systems such as Kafka
- Ability to look up information in observability tools such as Datadog/Splunk
- Understanding of developer productivity metrics such as DORA and SPACE. We don’t use these metrics today but they are good north stars for us to consider in some capacity going forward
- Some experience with basic SQL like languages for querying logs and simple datasets
- Understanding of Data infra tooling such as ETL tools
Nice To Haves:
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
The target base salary for this position ranges from $155,600 to $187,500, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.