Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
- Lead inventory and cost accounting related matters and serve as the primary point of contact
- Own the month end close process for all inventory and cost accounting matters, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, reconciling balances, and inventory valuation.
- Have a solid understanding of inventory costing, specifically average cost, and the ways in which it impacts balance sheet and income statement.
- Ensure all inventoriable costs are calculated and classified appropriately in the Company’s financials including but not limited to PPV’s, warehousing costs, freight-in, emergency one-off purchases, and reworks of returned goods.
- Coordinates the annual physical inventory as well as periodic cycle counts with supply chain and warehouse leads, including reconciling, creating, and distributing reporting of shrink results from these counts
- Review all SKU and Item naming within Latch’s ERP system ensuring consistency between Latch and its suppliers.
- Reviews and/or prepares detailed account analysis by product and/or location to reconcile cost and other accounts by product to the general ledger, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Own all inventory reserve calculation estimates, including committed off-balance sheet inventory spend, excess and obsolete inventory, warranties, and LCNRV.
- Ability to work directly with our auditors (Big 4) to provide sufficient and relevant support while also answering any questions/inquiries.
- Assists in providing effective financial controls for the organization in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and coordination with SOX consultants/internal audit
- Partner with the Supply Chain team with on-going projects and system enhancements to optimize and streamline processes and inventory management.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of accounting experience working in a manufacturing or hardware product industry
- Chinese language is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel), accounting software (NetSuite/Coupa), and reporting tools (Tableau experience a plus).
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Strong management, interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Critical and strategic thinking
- Multi-tasking abilities and ability to work under pressure
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative