Information Security Specialist
Latch was founded in NYC a decade ago with a vision to create unparalleled experience for residents through hardware and software. Now after 100+ million unlocks, we're continuing that vision to transform how people interact act with spaces everywhere.
Our mission is to unified access to spaces, services, and experiences that redefine the way we live, work, and connect. We do this by combining software, products, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
Recently, we've acquired Honest Day’s Work, propelling us toward a seamless residential ecosystem. Think empowered building owners, operators, and residents with secure access.
Led by CEO Jamie Siminoff's visionary expertise, we're shaping the future of spaces.
About the Role:
As an Information Security Specialist, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the security of our systems, networks, and data. Your responsibilities will span a range of areas, including security implementation, risk assessment, incident response, auditing and compliance, monitoring and analysis, security awareness, and documentation. You will collaborate with various teams to identify potential risks, develop mitigation strategies, and maintain a robust security posture for our organization. Your expertise will be essential in maintaining compliance with industry standards and regulations while safeguarding our critical assets.
- Security Implementation:
- Configure and manage security tools, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and endpoint protection solutions.
- Administer access controls and authentication mechanisms to ensure appropriate levels of access to sensitive resources.
- Implement encryption technologies to protect data in transit and at rest.
- Identify potential security risks and vulnerabilities through regular assessments of systems, networks, and processes.
- Prioritize risks based on potential impact and likelihood and work to develop mitigation strategies.
- Develop, maintain, and regularly test an incident response plan to address security breaches and cyber incidents.
- Coordinate with IT teams to rapidly respond to and mitigate security incidents.
- Conduct post-incident analysis to refine incident response strategies.
- Perform security audits to ensure compliance with industry standards (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST) and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to provide evidence of compliance.
- Monitor network traffic and system logs for signs of unauthorized access or unusual activities.
- Analyze security data to identify patterns, trends, and potential threats.
- Generate reports and provide insights on security incidents and vulnerabilities.
- Develop and deliver security awareness programs and training materials for employees.
- Promote a culture of security awareness throughout the organization.
- Help to maintain accurate documentation of security policies, procedures, and configurations.
- Document security incidents, investigations, and remediation activities.
- More than 4 years of experience in Information Security roles.
- Desired: Relevant industry certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), and CompTIA Security+.
- Strong understanding of security frameworks, standards, and best practices (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001).
- Proficiency with security tools and technologies, including Identity and access management solutions, Cloud security solutions, SIEM, and endpoint protection solutions.
- Knowledge of data protection regulations and compliance requirements (e.g., SOC2, PCI, SOX).
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with diverse teams.
Joining us means:
- Having teammates all over the world in the US, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Uruguay, Portugal, and Spain.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced environment where you can apply what you have learned in new challenges, and, more importantly, grow your career.
- Being encouraged to invent and innovate within your role and working in a company where calculated risk-taking is highly encouraged and thinking outside the box is a must.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.