SMB Sales Representative
Latch was founded in NYC a decade ago with a vision to create unparalleled experience for residents through hardware and software. Now after 100+ million unlocks, we're continuing that vision to transform how people interact act with spaces everywhere.
Our mission is to unified access to spaces, services, and experiences that redefine the way we live, work, and connect. We do this by combining software, products, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
Recently, we've acquired Honest Day’s Work, propelling us toward a seamless residential ecosystem. Think empowered building owners, operators, and residents with secure access.
Led by CEO Jamie Siminoff's visionary expertise, we're shaping the future of spaces.
About the Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic SMB Sales Representative - Chat Specialist to join our team in St. Louis, MO. In this role, you'll leverage your exceptional chat-based sales skills to engage potential SMB customers, understand their needs, and guide them toward Latch's innovative products. Your mission will be to not only drive hardware sales but also to upsell our suite of software packages.
- Chat-Based Sales: Utilize chat platforms to engage and convert potential SMB customers.
- Product Expertise: Develop a deep understanding of Latch's hardware and software offerings, effectively communicating their value to customers.
- Consultative Selling: Identify and understand the unique needs and pain points of SMB clients, recommending tailored solutions, including our software packages.
- Lead Qualification: Qualify leads generated through chat interactions and route them appropriately within the sales pipeline.
- Pipeline Management: Maintain accurate records of interactions, track sales activities, and manage opportunities through CRM tools.
- Sales Targets: Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly sales targets, with a focus on upselling software packages.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing and Product, to optimize the customer experience and enhance product offerings.
- Market Insights: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitive products, and market developments to remain a trusted advisor to customers.
- Sales Acumen: Proven experience 3-5 years of experience in chat-based sales, with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Tech-Savvy: Comfortable using chat platforms, CRM tools, and other sales-related software.
- Customer-Centric: Strong customer service orientation, with the ability to empathize and build rapport with potential customers.
- Communication Skills: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability: Able to quickly adapt to changes in the sales process and product offerings.
- Team Player: Collaborative attitude with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Results-Driven: Motivated by performance targets and passionate about achieving sales goals.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Eager to contribute ideas and take initiative to improve the sales process.
Joining us means:
- Having teammates all over the world in the US, Argentina, Mexico, Italy, Uruguay, Portugal, and Spain.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced environment where you can apply what you have learned in new challenges, and, more importantly, grow your career.
- Being encouraged to invent and innovate within your role and working in a company where calculated risk-taking is highly encouraged and thinking outside the box is a must.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Job scams are on the rise, and you should take steps to protect yourself in your job search. Here are some guidelines to help you stay safe if you are applying for a job with Latch or Door:
- Communications from Latch or Door will always come from @latch.com or @door.com. Do not accept a job interview invitation with Latch or Door from anyone who does not contact you through an email that comes from @latch.com or @door.com.
- Latch never interviews candidates via Skype or in writing where you do not see the interviewer. All of our interviews happen either by video or in person.
- We will never offer you a job based on a single conversation with someone claiming to be from our People organization. In all of our job interviews, you will always speak, by video or in person, with the hiring manager for the position.
- Do not share your sensitive personal information with anyone who purports to offer you a job at Latch or Door unless you verified that the offer is from Latch or Door (check email senders addresses). We will never ask you for your bank account information or your mother’s maiden name during the interview process.
- We will never ask you to purchase any equipment with a promise that we will reimburse you after you begin working for us.
- If you believe you were a victim of a job scam, you may report it to the FBI: https://www.ic3.gov/.