Legal Counsel (Hybrid)
Start Date: Immediately
Location: London Based
Office Days: 3 days per week
Omaze is an entertainment company with a social purpose. We offer our customers the chance to win dream homes and support amazing causes. Launched in the US in 2012, Omaze crossed the pond to the UK in 2020, fundraising in partnership with some of the biggest and most loved British charities. We’ve since raised over £20,000,000 for our incredible UK charity partners, like Teenage Cancer Trust, British Heart Foundation, Marie Curie, Alzheimer’s Research UK, the RSPCA and many more.
- Growth: Omaze is one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, going after a $400 billion market.
- Impact: You will be a part of a passionate team of world changers, dedicated to making a big ripple effect in the world.
- Pioneering: We are doing something no one has ever done before.
- Culture of learning and fun: We work hard to grow together and spread joy in the process.
- Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and Inc.’s Best in Business.
Who We’re Seeking:
The Legal team at Omaze is responsible for protecting the company's interests by providing long-term strategic direction and day-to-day operational support. The Legal Counsel will play a key role in supporting corporate operations and compliance matters for the UK.
What You’ll Do:
- Review, draft, edit and negotiate commercial agreements, including vendor agreements, NDAs, property purchase agreements, charity partnership agreements and update & maintain template repositories.
- Review and advise on marketing materials, website copy, promotional rules and consumer communications.
- Coordinate with internal teams and external service providers to ensure agreements, communications and other corporate materials properly reflect company risk tolerances and are otherwise drafted and managed by our corporate policies and expectations.
- Anticipate and proactively guard against legal and compliance risks by conducting research and providing analysis and advice on various matters and materials.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A UK qualified lawyer, with 2 - 5 years PQE working in an internationally/nationally recognized law firm and/or in-house legal department. Other PQE levels will be considered.
- Law degree from a top-ranked university.
- Fluent in English required. Other European languages a bonus.
- Significant contract drafting experience with high proficiency in creating understandable and visually appealing Microsoft Word and PowerPoint documents.
- Unmatched organizational skills and unyielding attention to detail.
- Extreme multi-tasker with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn other practice areas and to become familiar with laws of other jurisdictions.
- Willingness to do the tedious, detailed-oriented legal work that keeps Omaze running and can independently exercise sound judgment with minimal supervision.
- Experience in gaming and/or charity law a plus.
- Don’t quite meet all the above requirements? Apply anyway! We love talking to exceptional candidates. If the current role isn’t a fit, we’ll keep your information on file for the future.
What to Expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits package including (amongst other perks) attractive equity package, comprehensive private health insurance and generous employer pension contributions.
- We actively seek out diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation. We welcome difference of background, identity, and perspective and work hard to ensure that all people can bring their authentic self to work at all times.