Medical Operations Patient Advocate (Temp)
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
The Patient Advocates function as part of the Medical Operations Care Delivery team, working primarily in support of our patients and our network of providers. The Patient Advocate acts as the non-clinical part of a patient’s healthcare team, in conjunction with RNs, NPs, and physicians. Patient Advocates provide administrative support to our providers and empathetic, concierge-style service to our patients. The Patient Advocate maintains member-facing contact, acting as a liaison between the patient and provider for non-medical issues, answering any non-clinical questions the patient might have, and helping patients who require additional assistance completing their treatment requests. The Patient Advocate forms an integral part of the patient’s healthcare team at Ro.
This is a 6-month assignment to start with the potential to convert to a full-time permanent role, based on business needs.
What You'll Do:
- Provide empathetic, concierge-style service to our patients, answering any non-clinical questions the patients might have via messaging and creating ‘magic’ for patients by finding ways to go above and beyond to meet their needs
- Support providers with non-clinical administrative tasks in the Care Center
- Triage messages for providers by being responsive, reassigning, and resolving messages efficiently and timely
- Provide feedback on workflow issues, provider responsiveness, quality, and clinical protocols
- Pilot new efforts that expand retention opportunities or optimize operations
- Assist in the management of prior authorizations for weight management patients
What You'll Bring:
- Medical Assistant experience or Certified Nursing Assistant experience preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative and/or customer-facing role
- 1 year of experience working with insurance plans and policies (a plus)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Excellent writing skills - experience in creative writing or healthcare communications is a plus!
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Some prescheduled weekend and night availability will be required as part of your work schedule
The target hourly rate for this position is $28/hour. When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.