Insurance Benefits Verification Specialist
Accounting & Finance
Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
At Tend, we do dental differently.
Tend is rewriting the playbook of modern dentistry by building a company around the patient and the provider. We believe that with the power of technology, a hospitality-driven mindset, and a top tier clinical team, we can make going to the dentist something to look forward to.
Since launching in 2019, we have provided exceptional care to over 100,000 patients across five major cities: New York, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and Nashville. With thousands of five-star reviews, Tend has become one of the country's top-rated and in-demand dental practices, with over 650 team members to support this mission. We’re continuing to grow quickly and looking for the best of the best to come join our team.
We're hiring a compassionate & thorough Insurance Verification Specialist to provide concierge-like support to our patients and clinical staff. Working in a collaborative & engaging environment, you’ll truly impact and influence the overall Tend experience by ensuring that members have dental benefits verified prior to their visit.
About the Role
- Responsible for verification of patient / member insurance benefits and upload into Tend’s Practice Management System.
- Will require online research using insurance portals and benefits websites, over the phone communication with insurances payors, and demographics gathering from Tend members.
- Clearly understands mechanics of insurance plans and how benefits inform member responsibility.
- Consistently deliver high-quality patient experience, keeping our Tend values at heart.
- Proficient at navigating work queues and efficiently completes verification tasks
- Possesses sufficient knowledge of health privacy laws to prevent inappropriate verbal disclosures and maintain proper handling of medical records, including compliance with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), federal regulations governing the Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Patient Records, and applicable state privacy laws and regulations.
- Special Projects and additional responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of Patient Access / Customer Service experience in healthcare setting preferred
- Positive and proactive can-do attitude.
- Fundamental knowledge of insurance benefits application and payer phone systems.
- Basic math skills.
- Intermediate computer and typing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal skills and the patience required to communicate with staff and members.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment and work within tight timelines
The Tend Difference.
The highest standard of care, anywhere.
You’ll work with highly-esteemed clinical leadership and experience-obsessed colleagues to provide the best patient experience possible, with access to technology that’s head and shoulders above the average practice. You’ll have exciting opportunities to collaborate with talented team members to make visits extraordinary. Our hospitality-driven approach to care means that patients actually look forward to seeing you.
A top-tier clinical team who puts patients first.
We value science over sales, and promote a culture of warmth and hospitality — our teams are recognized for going the extra mile for our patients. We trust our providers to put patient needs first, and never implement production quotas. We offer a warm, collaborative culture and are proud to be an inclusive, curious team driven by excellence.
A new model that’s a joy to work at.
Tend has become beloved by patients and providers alike for combining beautiful work environments with cutting-edge clinical technology. Our providers are rewarded based on an innovative pay structure, as well as education programs that are training the next generation of industry leaders. And our top-notch total rewards packages include both best-in-class benefits and compensation. You’ll not only have the chance to be part of a thriving, industry-changing company, but empowered to become an expert in your field and supported through continuing education.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.