Assistant Practice Manager - Park Slope
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
At Tend, we do dental differently.
Tend is rewriting the playbook of modern dentistry by building a company around the patient and the provider. We believe that with the power of technology, a hospitality-driven mindset, and a top tier clinical team, we can make going to the dentist something to look forward to.
Since launching in 2019, we have provided exceptional care to over 100,000 patients across five major cities: New York, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and Nashville. With thousands of five-star reviews, Tend has become one of the country's top-rated and in-demand dental practices, with over 650 team members to support this mission. We’re continuing to grow quickly and looking for the best of the best to come join our team.
Tend’s Assistant Manager must be a passionate, service oriented leader who can support our Brand Principles, and deliver top-notch service to our guests. Work in collaboration with management, providers and clinical staff to earn the trust of our guests by personalizing their appointments and clinical care.
Reimagining dentistry takes a unique and diverse team, all working together through commitment, collaboration, and creativity to create the world’s first dental wellness experience. Join the team that makes going to the dentist an experience people look forward to.
- Strong understanding of insurance and schedule management
- Previous experience with treatment planning strongly preferred
- Ability to track and deliver financial presentations
- Constructively provide non-clinical feedback to the clinical team
- Organize and lead specialty days (ortho and oral surgery) in the studio
- Own ordering for all Amazon shipments
- Optimize provider scheduling for studio performance
- Work collaboratively with patient (member) experience and revenue cycle teams
- Manage patient (member) retention through outbound calls for unscheduled treatment
- Partner with Studio Manager in daily operational tasks, such as scheduling, tidying, preparing for opening/closing, and inventory management.
- Work closely with Studio Manager to implement and support guest experience based standard operating procedures and metrics.
- Welcome and comfort guests as they visit our Tend Studio.
- Provide consistent, high-quality service and hospitality to guests, in-studio, and as needed, through email or phone.
- Collaborate with the entire Studio Team, including our Dentists and Hygienists, to optimize operations to positively impact the guest experience.
- Manage the front desk staff, including interviews, training, coaching, and evaluations.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of our ever-growing offering of products and services.
- Willingness to initiate tasks and perform duties without direct supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to work with a diverse team.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Three years of proven top-notch customer service experience in healthcare, retail, hotels and/or related field.
- Ability to problem solve required.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task required.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills required.
- Flexibility to work a schedule that will include early morning, late evening, holiday and weekend hours.
- Previous experience in creating and managing schedules.
- Proficient in Google Suite strongly preferred.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare, hospitality or related field preferred.
The Tend Difference.
The highest standard of care, anywhere.
You’ll work with highly-esteemed clinical leadership and experience-obsessed colleagues to provide the best patient experience possible, with access to technology that’s head and shoulders above the average practice. You’ll have exciting opportunities to collaborate with talented team members to make visits extraordinary. Our hospitality-driven approach to care means that patients actually look forward to seeing you.
A top-tier clinical team who puts patients first.
We value science over sales, and promote a culture of warmth and hospitality — our teams are recognized for going the extra mile for our patients. We trust our providers to put patient needs first, and never implement production quotas. We offer a warm, collaborative culture and are proud to be an inclusive, curious team driven by excellence.
A new model that’s a joy to work at.
Tend has become beloved by patients and providers alike for combining beautiful work environments with cutting-edge clinical technology. Our providers are rewarded based on an innovative pay structure, as well as education programs that are training the next generation of industry leaders. And our top-notch total rewards packages include both best-in-class benefits and compensation. You’ll not only have the chance to be part of a thriving, industry-changing company, but empowered to become an expert in your field and supported through continuing education.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.