Billing Team Lead
Nashville, TN, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
At Tend, we do dental differently.
Tend is rewriting the playbook of modern dentistry by building a company around the patient and the provider. We believe that with the power of technology, a hospitality-driven mindset, and a top tier clinical team, we can make going to the dentist something to look forward to.
Since launching in 2019, we have provided exceptional care to over 100,000 patients across five major cities: New York, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and Nashville. With thousands of five-star reviews, Tend has become one of the country's top-rated and in-demand dental practices, with over 650 team members to support this mission. We’re continuing to grow quickly and looking for the best of the best to come join our team.
Team leads in the revenue cycle at Tend serve as the first point of contact for RCM teammates with any issues that are encountered. These issues range from the tactical application of daily tasks RCM teammates complete, to working with RCM teammates on scheduling and training to maintain efficiency of function.
The Billing Team Lead is responsible for maintaining the efficacy of insurance billing of claims at Tend. Insurance billing is an essential piece of Tend hitting financial KPIs and is an important part of the member journey. Greater than 90% of all patients who complete a visit at Tend dental studios use some form of dental insurance, it is up to the billing team to ensure claims are billed with all supporting information to ensure timely payment.
Duties may include:
- Oversee and manage the Tend Billing workflow by maintaining appropriate FTE coverage
- Manage, develop, and mentor all Billing SMEs by working closely with the RCM manager and Director of RCM
- Provide up to date education for billing requirements
- Provide up to date training for Billing and RCM teammates on Billing workflow
- Work closely with RCM leadership to develop, evaluate, implement, and revise policies and procedures related to billing
- Reconcile Billing reports and communicate to RCM leadership on SLA and reasons for slippage when applicable
- Any additional responsibilities assigned by RCM leadership
- Must have excellent phone etiquette
- Detail Oriented
- Extremely Organized
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage others effectively
Daily / Weekly Tasks:
- Weekly - Working closely with the manager of RCM Deliver weekly reporting to RCM leadership on status Accounts receivable (Insurance IBV Audit)
- Monthly - Develop team schedule to ensure FTE coverage to maintain operational needs
- As Needed - Provide coaching and feedback to Billing teammates
- Weekly - provide feedback to RCM leadership re: areas of slippage in weekly leadership standup
- Monthly - Complete and review QA results with teammates
The Tend Difference.
The highest standard of care, anywhere.
You’ll work with highly-esteemed clinical leadership and experience-obsessed colleagues to provide the best patient experience possible, with access to technology that’s head and shoulders above the average practice. You’ll have exciting opportunities to collaborate with talented team members to make visits extraordinary. Our hospitality-driven approach to care means that patients actually look forward to seeing you.
A top-tier clinical team who puts patients first.
We value science over sales, and promote a culture of warmth and hospitality — our teams are recognized for going the extra mile for our patients. We trust our providers to put patient needs first, and never implement production quotas. We offer a warm, collaborative culture and are proud to be an inclusive, curious team driven by excellence.
A new model that’s a joy to work at.
Tend has become beloved by patients and providers alike for combining beautiful work environments with cutting-edge clinical technology. Our providers are rewarded based on an innovative pay structure, as well as education programs that are training the next generation of industry leaders. And our top-notch total rewards packages include both best-in-class benefits and compensation. You’ll not only have the chance to be part of a thriving, industry-changing company, but empowered to become an expert in your field and supported through continuing education.
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.